Wednesday, August 03, 2005

We stopped in Malmaison Newcastle last night....

I'm sure Andrew will have more to say about our trip, but as I am here first I get the first post about it. Malmaison is flippin' gorgeous. The room was so nice, the hotel was really, really different from anywhere I have stayed before. All the furniture and accessories are made of gorgeous fabrics and colours. Having said that some parts of the bar did make me feel a bit claustrophobic because it was so dark. The room we got was fantastic and we had a great view over the millennium bridge to the Baltic, the Sage and the big wheel that they put up for the tall ships last week and haven't taken down yet.

The only problem that we had was that it took an hour to get food, even though we were told half an hour, that mightn't have been such an issue if we hadn't waited until 9PMish to order it. I was starving when it came. Anyone that knows Andrew will know that he's not a faffy food fan, there wasn't a lot on the menu that he would like so we ordered the Mal burger and plaice goujons, that way I could have whichever he liked least.... that's not a really good start is it? Anyway when it came he chose the goujons, I had the burger. It had veal in it, which I have never tried before. I have come to the conclusion I don't like veal. The food was really nice though, just not ideal if you are a picky eater, it is 10 at night and you haven't eaten since 11:30am.

I would definitely stay there again, but might eat out next time, there is a Tapas bar right next door and the Pitcher and Piano is just in front. It is on the quayside so there are loads of places to eat round about. Having said that everyone who I spoke to before I went really loved the food, so maybe it is just us.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 am, Blogger Chris said...

Wow Ann, that's linktastic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home