Monday, August 15, 2005

Sent home because of a broken pipe

I got sent home at 2pm today. I had just finished my lunch break at 1pm, which I spent with my friend on the next floor up. Some of his colleagues came back from the toilets crying with laughter saying that it sounded like someone was stuck down the toilet. ’Riiiiiiight?!’ I thought. The water had apparently been bubbling up in the toilet like a volcano.

10 minutes or so later my friends came walking down the corridor, which seemed a bit odd, it’s not the floor of the canteen or anything. “We have to stay out of the office for 45 minutes because the ceiling has collapsed and all water (actually wee) is pouring out, they have had to turn off the electricity,” they said. Woo hooooooo thinks me, and then the nosey side of me takes over and I need to go and see how bad this ‘disaster’ is.

The ceiling had leaked in three separate areas, the bit closest to my desk, but not that close, hadn’t even broken through the ceiling….. you could see it was about to though. A bit further down the corridor there was "liquid" on the floor…… but the worst was at the other end of the corridor……..there were actually poo chunks….nice!

Anyway after the 45 minutes was up we went back down and our boss asked if we wanted to go. We had no PC’s to work on because the electric was off, but more to the point the place smelt awful……….Home Time! I have to go in tomorrow as normal and see what the situation is….. Which means: to see where they will be able to relocate us to until they get it cleaned up. But… half a day off for nothing, better than a smack in the face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home