Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The start of a new year

I think that this year is going to be a good one. The last 2 have been pretty ropey. Some good bits but mostly not. Anyway this year I think is going to be much better. It has already started well in that neither of us are ill; we are both looking forward to the whole adoption process, starting this month with our medicals, then followed in May by the preparation course; and, I have just won the bonus ball at work.. It's only £16 or something but hey it's a win! (I have also burned myself twice (once on my straighteners and once on my cup of tea) today, but that doesn't count as a bad omen because I am clumsy.

So far the plans for this year involve our medicals and the start of building our conservatory, this month, the conservatory will hopefully be completed in February, then not sure what order or dates but a holiday in Cornwall, Take That at Newcastle, the Mighty Boosh in Newcastle, apparently Paul McCartney at some point and place, and probably some other gigs too. I'm already short of holidays compared to Andrew and I have not factored in meetings for the adoption. The target for the whole process is 8 months from your first call to being approved, and then however long after that. I hope we will be approved this year but will not hold my breath. Maybe next year we will have a small person to live with...............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home